Mastled 240W UFO LED High Bay has precise optics and durable construction for a wide range of applications and hanging heights. Replace conventional HID or fluorescent high-bay lighting systems in gymnasiums, warehouses, storage facilities, and more. With efficient LED performance, this fixture requires zero maintenance and qualifies for DLC Premium utility rebates. Rugged powder-coated aluminum housing and tempered glass lens withstand water and debris. Thermal fins reduce heat buildup. An integrated motion sensor can be programmed and paired with multiple lights with an optional remote (sold separately) for increased time and energy savings.
|Input Voltage||100-277v AC|
|Mounting||Hook Mount/Ceiling Mount|
Frequently Asked Questions
What are UFO high bay lights?
High-bay lights are used to illuminate spaces with high ceilings. That usually means ceilings ranging from 20 feet to approximately 45 feet. Low-bay lights, on the other hand, are used for ceilings 20 feet and under. Because a high-ceiling location has more space to fill, a high bay, by definition, is a powerful light source that can brighten up a large area. The term UFO comes from the round shape of this style of high bay light.
Where are UFO high bay lights used?
Given their placement, UFO high-bay lights are natural fits for commercial and industrial uses. They have multiple applications across a range of industries, including workshops, factories, and assembly lines. You will also see high-bay lights in large recreational facilities and gyms. These lights are excellent for illuminating storage facilities and warehouses as well. They can be used for large conference halls, event centers, or indeed for any place that needs lighting from an elevation of more than 20 feet. They are even used in hangars and other large, cavernous buildings.
What are the different types of UFO High Bay Lights?
Numerous types of fixtures can be used when setting up high-bay lights. These include LED lights, induction lights, metal halide lights, and fluorescent lights. Each of these types of high-bay fixtures has its pros and cons. For instance, LED lights offer extremely long life and energy efficiency but require a bigger initial investment, while traditional incandescent lights are less expensive to purchase initially but don’t last as long and use more energy.
Besides having different costs and efficiencies, there are several types of fixtures available for high-bay lights. Round high-bay lights (UFO’s), linear high-bays, architectural high-bays and grid-mount high-bays all offer different light qualities and coverage styles. The type of light best for you can depend on your personal taste as well as what tasks you’ll be performing under it.
What are the benefits of UFO LED High Bays?
One of the benefits of high-bay lighting is that it provides clear, uniform lighting of what’s below it with little glare. Different kinds of reflectors can accomplish different kinds of illumination tasks for high-bay lights. Aluminum reflectors make light from the fixtures flow directly downward to the floor, while acrylic reflectors create a more diffused lighting useful for illuminating shelves and other elevated objects in a space.
- Longer lasting lamps. LED lamps last up to 10 years depending on the model.
- Low to no heat produced. The energy-efficient nature means no heat is lost during production, so the lamp stays cool to the touch.
- Change bulbs less frequently. This is especially useful in a professional setting where you need long lasting lamps, so your staff can focus on the job.
- Offers a better return on wattages consumed to lumens produced. This will help you save on utility costs over time.
How Do I select which UFO High Bay should be Used?
When figuring out what type of fixtures you will need a few rules of thumb should make your choices easier.
- First how high will you be mounting your led fixtures.
- Second, what your lighting has a lot to do with what light you will need. I.e. ( factory, warehouse, production area, aisles ways)
- Third, how much lighting automation would you like. Examples of this are, would you like your lighting fixtures to turn off on their own by sensors or are you fine with turning them on and off at night everyday. These can have dramatic energy saving by picking the automation route.
- Fourth, how are you going to wire your lighting fixtures. There are a couple of options here first is hard wire and the second is with a cord and plug. In both these wiring the easy of installing these lights is very evident.
- Fifth, how do you plan to mount your UFO fixtures. The great thing about a these lights is you can use a hook option to hang the fixture in the place where older traditional lights were. This allows for a quick easy replacement of the older lighting technologies.
- Lumen output vs watt output of these lights can range quite a bit from brand to brand. Make sure to pay close attention to lumens per watt on the lights your are looking at purchasing they can very a lot and should be a huge deciding factor.
- Spread of light and optics play a big role in the distribution of light along the surface of the area you are illumination as well.
- Be very cautious of inferior products with sub-par components used in lighting fixtures as well. Some of the problems with bad components can cause premature wear and flickering lights.